heyfirst.co MDX component demo
Emphasis, aka italics, with asterisks or underscores.
Strong emphasis, aka bold, with asterisks or underscores.
Combined emphasis with asterisks and underscores.
Strikethrough uses two tildes.
- First ordered list item
- Another item
- Unordered sub-list.
- Actual numbers don't matter, just that it's a number
- Ordered sub-list
- And another item. You can have properly indented paragraphs within list items. Notice the blank line above, and the leading spaces (at least one, but we'll use three here to also align the raw Markdown). To have a line break without a paragraph, you will need to use two trailing spaces. Note that this line is separate, but within the same paragraph. (This is contrary to the typical GFM line break behaviour, where trailing spaces are not required.)
- Unordered list can use asterisks
- Or minuses
- Or pluses
Or leave it empty and use the link text itself.
URLs and URLs in angle brackets will automatically get turned into links. http://www.example.com or and sometimes example.com (but not on Github, for example).
Some text to show that the reference links can follow later.
Here's our logo (hover to see the title text):
Code and Syntax Highlighting
back-ticks around it.
s = "Python syntax highlighting" print s
No language indicated, so no syntax highlighting. But let's throw in a <b>tag</b>.
Here is a simple footnote1.
A footnote can also have multiple lines2.
You can also use words, to fit your writing style more closely3.
Colons can be used to align columns.
|col 3 is||right-aligned||$1600|
|col 2 is||centered||$12|
|zebra stripes||are neat||$1|
There must be at least 3 dashes separating each header cell. The outer pipes (|) are optional, and you don't need to make the raw Markdown line up prettily. You can also use inline Markdown.
Blockquotes are very handy in email to emulate reply text. This line is part of the same quote.
This is a very long line that will still be quoted properly when it wraps. Oh boy let's keep writing to make sure this is long enough to actually wrap for everyone. Oh, you can put Markdown into a blockquote.
- Definition list
- Is something people use sometimes.
- Markdown in HTML
- Does not work very well. Use HTML tags.
Three or more ---
My reference. ↩
Every new line should be prefixed with 2 spaces. This allows you to have a footnote with multiple lines. ↩
Named footnotes will still render with numbers instead of the text but allow easier identification and linking. This footnote also has been made with a different syntax using 4 spaces for new lines. ↩